Welcome to my Blog about analysing the graduate job market in Leeds

I am a recent Philosophy Graduate discovering and analysing the current job market for Graduates in Leeds. My aim is to discover find the perfect method of attaining a Graduate job.

Saturday 11 September 2010

So, where are we...

Firstly, apologies for the serious delay in updates. I have been super busy.

To complete, in brief, my week of work experience with Dickinson Dees: Marketing and PR. This I believe has changed my CV forever. Considering I had quite an interest in both marketing and PR (they sound like pretty sexy jobs), yet I knew nothing of what it involved, so having a taste of what's in store for a prospective marketeer was exceedingly useful:

Marketing processes within Dickinson Dees
Researched and gained some technical knowledge about email marketing.
I was lucky enough to meet them during their website revamp and have a chance to give feedback and give an outsider's prospective.
Gained understanding of Google Analytics and to what extent business' can use and exploit web analytics.

PR within Dickinson Dees, therefore: a look at PR in-house
Understanding of the relationship between journalists and solicitors
Style of writing for press releases
The typical magazines and newspapers which mention Dickinson Dees

And then of course...good ol' administration. Don't diss, it's the coal that keeps the business a lite.

I shall give my personal feedback on work experience and whether it is of use for a graduate looking for work this coming Autumn.

Stay tuned
H

No comments:

Post a Comment